Tagged: The 'In Courage' Newsletter
November 9, 2017 at 7:37 am #3798
The ‘In Courage’ Newsletter — “Classy Answers to Classical Questions”
Learn how to anticipate what the interviewer is going to ask and why. Discover how to answer difficult questions to more effectively sell yourself as the solution.
We need work, right? (Thank, you Captain Obvious!)
But your interviewers, what about them?
• Here is a manager and their people…
• and they have a problem
• and they need a solution – the right person!
• and, 9 times out of 10, your interviewers are not very good at interviewing people (it’s just not their gift, period)
• and they are under pressure to make a decision a.s.a.p.
• maybe they are all having to work extra hours because they are short-handed
• and they are under even more pressure to make the *right* decision
• because maybe the last decision didn’t turn out so well
• and now they’re under even *more* pressure to find the right person!
They have a problem, and they need help.
Hey, that’s perfect! Because that’s what you do! You are a problem-solver, and you are here to help!
They need to know that you are the right person, and you can help them figure that out while you are answering their questions!
The Bible says, “A man has joy in an apt answer, And how delightful is a timely word!” (Proverbs 15:23)
You’ve heard the questions,
• Why were you let go at your last job?
• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
• And those questions about money.
• …and lots of others.
We all dread these questions. But there’s no reason to. Join us on Thursday evening and find out why.
(And here’s a Tip: Check out Week 2 and Week 3 in your CTW notebook to help make sure you’re bringing the right stuff to the interview!)
Feeling unprepared? That’s ok. Just come ready to learn, because this night is a grab bag of answers!
• • •
Next Week: “Interviewing Rehearsal: Practice, Practice, Practice”
This is a great night, because you get an opportunity to do 2 things:
1. Learn from the things you do right, and
2. Learn from the things that others do right.
It’s really amazing.
That’s why, like the “Resume Shoot Out”, “Interviewing Rehearsal” is one of those don’t miss weeks. There will be some very practical instruction, and then we will practice with each other on this part of the job-finding process so that we can really present ourselves well when it’s interview time! More on this next week.
• • •
That’s it for this week. And may the God of hope fill you with hope!
All the best,
Career Transition Workshop
• • •
Sign up to receive CTW emails and updates — in 3 easy steps.
1. Register here: http://careertransitionworkshop.org/wp-login.php?action=register
2. Log In here: http://careertransitionworkshop.org/wp-login.php
3. Click “Subscribe” here: http://careertransitionworkshop.org/forums/forum/test-forum/
Questions? Email me here: Rick@JRStockton.com
Additional handouts: http://ctw.site44.com/
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.