More companies are using social media to prospect potential candidates for employment. It is important to use social media wisely and to your advantage. An employer may find information on your profile that will cause them not to hire you. Here are tips on how to keep your social media profile attractive to employers.
- Your online profile should showcase your skills and experience. Check your spelling and grammar.
- Your profile should have a professional headshot. Do not include photos with provocative clothing.
- Be strategic with whom you allow in your network. Make connections in your industry and career field. Follow career experts.
- Be careful of what you tweet, blog and communicate on your social media sites. Keep it professional and do not bad mouth your current or previous employer.
- Ask for recommendations. This will give you credibility.
If used wisely, social media is one of the most valuable resources to build a network and reach your target list. Follow these tips and you will appear more valuable and attractive to employers.